Dr. Allison Westreich is a speech language pathologist practicing in LOS ANGELES, CA. Dr. Westreich specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Westreich evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Westreich helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Allison Deena Westreich MS CCC-SLP's Practice location
LOS ANGELES, CA 90004Get Direction
Mrs. Allison Deena Westreich MS CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Shirley Sastiel CCC-SLP4221 WILSHIRE BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90010
- Peggy J Robin SLP16963 BOSQUE DR ENCINO CA 91436
- Miss Allison Hope Espinoza M.A.403 WEST ADAMS BLVD. LOS ANGELES CA 90007
- Donald Ray Williams4143 4TH AVE LOS ANGELES CA 90008
- Sandy Yu M.A., CCC-SLP1500 SAN PABLO ST LOS ANGELES CA 90033
- Ms. Erika Eggers , M.S., CCC-SLP6444 SAN FERNANDO RD # 3462 GLENDALE CA 91201