Dr. Mark W Emery MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease111 W Stone Dr Suite 100 Kingsport TN, 37660
Dr. Mark Emery practices Pulmonology in Kingsport, TN. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Emery manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Pulmonary Diseases; Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mark W Emery MD's Practice location
Kingsport, TN 37660Get Direction
Dr. Mark W Emery MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Emery
- Bronchitis: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms
Acute bronchitis is mainly caused by a viral infection, whereas cigarette smoking is the most common cause of chronic bronchitis.Causes of acute bronchitisAcute bronchitis can be caused viral and bacterial organisms. Out of all, the most common viruses responsible for acute bronchitis include...
- How Does Rheumatoid Arthritis Affect the Lungs?
An autoimmune disorder, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) presents as chronic pain and inflammation in the joints. Joint damage usually occurs on both sides of the body, meaning that if a joint in an arm or leg is affected, the same joint in the other arm or leg will likely be affected as well. ...
- Rapid Shallow Breathing (Tachypnea): Causes and Treatments
What is rapid shallow breathing?Rapid, shallow breathing, also medically called as tachypnea, is a term used to describe a breathing that is too fast, particularly when people have it due to a lung disease or other health conditions. Sometimes, rapid, shallow breathing and hyperventilation...
- 32-year-old with Cystic Fibrosis Raises Millions for Research
32-year old Emily Kramer-Golinkoff has accomplished more in her life than most people can say. Though she was diagnosed with a life-long debilitating disease as an infant, she has refused to let the fate she was dealt with drag her down. This young woman is the founder of a non-profit called Emily's...
- What is Tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis, or TB, is a serious bacterial infection that often affects the lungs. It may also spread to other parts of the body, like the central nervous system, lymphatic system, and circulatory system. Treatment for tuberculosis may take a long time. The infectious organism may spread from one...
- Pneumonia: Visiting a Lung Specialist
For a person suffering from pneumonia it is important to visit a lung specialist for guidance on how to treat and prevent pneumonia. Most people do not visit a specialist until the problem has become more serious, which can be dangerous. However, there are a number of things you should know before...
- Dr. Phillip Wayne Jones MD403 Princeton Rd Johnson City TN 37601
- Dr. Robert A. Rosser MD111 W Stone Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Thomas Michael Roy MDCorner of Sidney and Lamont Johnson City TN 37614
- Dr. Christian Butcher M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Michael B Baron MD271 Medical Park Blvd Bristol TN 37620
- Dr. April Michelle Lambert-drwiega D.O.325 north state of franklin Johnson City TN 37614