Dr. Maxine Dexter practices Pulmonology in Clackamas, OR. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Dexter manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of Washington School of Medicine 2001
Dr. Maxine E Dexter MD's Practice location
Clackamas, OR 97015Get Direction
Dr. Maxine E Dexter MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Staying Healthy as an Adult Living with Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis is a lifelong condition that begins at birth and slowly progresses throughout a person’s life. It is among the most difficult chronic illnesses to treat, manage, and survive. Despite this, the field of cystic fibrosis has made leaps and strides in the last fifty years, more than...
- Hookah Health Facts: Is It Safe?
What is a hookah?Hookahs are basically water pipes that are used for smoking. Specially made tobaccos for hookah smoking are available in various flavors such as chocolate, watermelon, apple, mint, coconut, cherry, and licorice. Even though others feel that smoking hookah is a safer alternative to...
- University Dance Promotes Cystic Fibrosis Awareness
Cystic fibrosis is considered incurable, and is a daily struggle for all of those who have it. Constant research is being poured into finding better treatment, and potentially even a cure, but Rowan's Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is putting their own spin (literally) on...
- All about Bronchitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
What is Bronchitis?Bronchitis is a pulmonary disorder that occurs due to inflammation of airway lining of the lungs, resulting in respiratory distress. Bronchitis is often characterized by cough that produces thick mucus (phlegm) often yellowish-green in color, indicating an underlying infection. ...
- How Family Can Be a Powerful Support System for Those with Cystic Fibrosis
Family can be a powerful support system. People are naturally community-driven beings who are healthiest and happiest when belonging to something greater. It's the reason that people will make great sacrifices for the people they love. Family can provide the pillar for emotional support through...
- Antibiotics for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis damages the lungs, digestive system, and other organs in the body. It affects the cells producing mucus, sweat, and digestive juices. It is caused due to defect in a gene. This gene changes a protein responsible for movement of salts in and out of cells. As a result, thick, sticky...
- Dr. Gregory Robert Flick M.D.9155 Sw Barnes Rd Portland OR 97225
- Dr. Emmanuel Trungtoan Tavan MD2800 N Vancouver Ave Portland OR 97227
- Dr. Melvin Lee Morganroth MD1111 Ne 99th Ave Portland OR 97220
- Dr. Stephanie Angela Coates MD700 Ne 87th Ave Vancouver WA 98664
- Dr. Todd W Gienapp D.O.700 Ne 87th Ave Vancouver WA 98664
- Dr. William Edward Holden MD3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd Portland OR 97239