Dr. Alan Sandler MD
Hematologist (Blood Specialist) | Hematology3601 Tvc Nashville TN, 37232
Dr. Alan Sandler is a hematology internist practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Sandler specializes in cases of suspected blood disorders when a diagnosis is unclear and further medical care is needed. Hematology internists work with other specialists such as surgeons, radiation therapists and gynecologists in order to get a better understanding on the cases. Often, patients are asked to participate in clinical research that could result in more efficient treatment methods.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1987
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 2009
- Yale New Haven Hosp, Medical Oncology; Yale New Haven Chldn Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Yale University Affiliated Hospitals 1988
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Program
- Yale Univ Med Ctr Prog, New Haven, CT,, Oncology 1989
Dr. Alan Sandler MD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Dr. Alan Sandler MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sandler
- Cyclist Battles Back from Lymphoma to Make Professional Debut
In October of 2015, 16-year-old Zack Gilmore felt a lump behind his ear after finishing a cycling training session. He went to the doctor to find out what it was and, three days later, he received the dreadful news: a non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma diagnosis. Gilmore began chemotherapy right away at the...
- Multiple Myeloma: What is Autotransplantation?
During a stem cell transplantation or autotransplantation, the patient receives high chemotherapy dosage which is sometimes done to the entire body to get rid of the cells that are in the bone marrow (including the myeloma cells). Afterwards, the patient receives new stem cells to form...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Leukemia?
Although requiring a definite medical diagnosis, leukemia doesn’t show any symptoms in patients suffering from slow growing leukemias. Whereas, the rapidly growing types show general symptoms like frequent infections, vulnerability to easy bleeding & brushes, fatigue and weight loss. The signs...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- What Is Leukopenia: Symptoms and Causes
What is leukopenia?Leukopenia is a condition in which abnormally low white blood cells are circulating in the blood. This condition can be diagnosed using a blood test called complete blood count (CBC). A normal white blood cell count is usually between 3,500-11,000 WBCs per microliter. People...
- Dr. Stacey Goodman MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Iberia Romina Sosa MD2601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. John Greer MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Robert Seth Cooper M.D.4230 Harding Pike Nashville TN 37205
- Dr. Asha Kallianpur MD, MPH3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Sanford B Krantz M.D.1310 24th Ave S Nashville TN 37212