Dr. Douglas James Minnich MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon619 19th Street South Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Douglas Minnich is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Minnich specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Minnich typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine 1999
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Increased lymphoid tissue apoptosis in baboons with bacteremic shock.
- Anti-cytokine and anti-inflammatory therapies for the treatment of severe sepsis: progress and pitfalls.
- The removal of chest tubes despite an air leak or a pneumothorax.
- General thoracic surgery is safe in patients taking clopidogrel (Plavix).
- Starting a robotic program in general thoracic surgery: why, how, and lessons learned.
- A prospective study to determine the incidence of non-imaged malignant pulmonary nodules in patients who undergo metastasectomy by thoracotomy with lung palpation.
- Initial consecutive experience of completely portal robotic pulmonary resection with 4 arms.
- Operative techniques in robotic thoracic surgery for inferior or posterior mediastinal pathology.
- Complete thoracic mediastinal lymphadenectomy leads to a higher rate of pathologically proven N2 disease in patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
- Survival and quality of life at least 1 year after pneumonectomy.
- Minimally invasive chest wall resection: sparing the overlying, uninvolved extrathoracic musculature of the chest.
- Optimal technique for the removal of chest tubes after pulmonary resection.
- The incidence and management of postoperative chylothorax after pulmonary resection and thoracic mediastinal lymph node dissection.
- Best of the Radiosurgery Society® Scientific Meeting 2014: stereotactic radiosurgery/stereotactic body radiotherapy treatment of extracranial and intracranial lesions.
- One Hundred Planned Robotic Segmentectomies: Early Results, Technical Details, and Preferred Port Placement.
- Robotic lobectomy can be taught while maintaining quality patient outcomes.
- Incidence, Results, and Our Current Intraoperative Technique to Control Major Vascular Injuries During Minimally Invasive Robotic Thoracic Surgery.
- Robotic Esophagectomy for Cancer: Early Results and Lessons Learned.
- Lung Cancer
- Shands HealthCare 2000
- Massachusetts General Hospital 2005
Dr. Douglas James Minnich MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Douglas James Minnich MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Minnich
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Dr. Lee Riggins M.D.401 Tuscaloosa Avenue Birmingham Alabama 35211
- Dr. Scott Christopher Bellot MD3525 Prytania St New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Stanley K Lochridge MD2871 Acton Road Birmingham AL 35243
- Dr. Christopher Riddell Jones M.D.817 Princeton Ave Sw Birmingham AL 35211
- Dr. Guillermo Castro Dacumos817 Princeton Ave Sw Birmingham AL 35211
- Dr. John B Richardson MD2871 Acton Road Birmingham AL 35243