Dr. John William Allgood M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology225 E Jackson Ave Jonesboro AR, 72401
Dr. John Allgood practices Radiation Oncology in Jonesboro, AR. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Allgood specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1995
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1995
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- A retrospective analysis of long-term survival in severe aplastic anemia patients treated with allogeneic bone marrow transplantation or immunosuppressive therapy with antithymocyte globulin and cyclosporin A at a single institution.
- Disseminated lupus erythematosus: its recognition and present day concepts of its etiology and management.
- The renal clearance of I-131 during the infusion of NaI-131 and insulin-I-131.
- Laboratory studies on a family with a father and son affected by acute leukemia.
- Studies of the site of action of deferoxamine.
- Idiopathic acquired autoimmune hemolytic anemia. A review of forty-seven cases treated from 1955 through 1965.
- The relationship between duodenal mucosal iron concentration and iron absorption in human subjects.
- Modifications of B, I, i, and Lewisb antigens in a patient with DiGuglielmo's erythroleukemia.
- Timing of concomitant boost irradiation affects incidence and severity of intestinal complications.
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Ar Children'S Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year; Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Univ Of Kansas
- ARKANSAS CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
Dr. John William Allgood M.D.'s Practice location
Jonesboro, AR 72401Get Direction
Dr. John William Allgood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Allgood
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer
When it comes to cancer, the common treatments are chemotherapy and radiation therapy, which work by the use of X-rays, gamma rays, and charged particles. They are usually directed at the area where the cancer is growing. Radiation therapy is delivered through the use of machines and implants or by...