Dr. David Hanson is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Hanson specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Hanson is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Hanson are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
Creighton Univeristy D.D.S. 1990
NWU FEINBERG SCH OF MED M.D. 1994
Oral and Maxillofacial SurgeryAmerican Board of Oral and Maxillofacial SurgeryABOMS
Dr. David Herbert Hanson MD, DDS's Expert Contributions
Yes, there is an inherent risk when removing lower wisdom teeth to injury the sensory nerve which supplies the lower lip, chin,gums and or tongue. The risk is usually low but dependent upon anatomical variation. Your surgeon can review your X-rays and advise you of your specific risk. READ MORE
- Wisdom Teeth
- Oral Examination
- Dental Implants
- All-On-Four Treatment
- Facial Trauma
- Bone Grafting
- Fellow American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Professional Member Illinois and Chicago Societies of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Professional Member American Dental Association
- Professional Member Illinois State and Chicago Dental Societies
- Professional Member American Medical Association
- Professional Member Illinois State and Chicago Medical Societies
- Professional Member International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Professional Member International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center General Surgery
- Cook County Hospital General Surgery
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- West Olympic Surgery Center and Laser Institute Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. David Herbert Hanson MD, DDS's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. David Herbert Hanson MD, DDS | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. David Herbert Hanson MD, DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- What is an External Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids affect a large portion of the population. Statistics indicate that about 90 percent of the population will have hemorrhoids at least once in their lifetime. Hemorrhoids can either be internal or external. This classification is based on the location of the hemorrhoids in the gut.External...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Dr. Spiro C Karras D.D.S.5818 Dempster Street Morton Grove IL 60053
- Dr. Firas Faiz Katabi DDS2220 W. Armitage Ave. Chicago IL 60647
- Dr. Chi ming henry Fung D.D.S.821 S Oak Park Ave Oak Park IL 60304
- Dr. Salvatore J Termini D.D.S.1901 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Stephen Macleod DDS, MS701 Park Ave Minneapolis MN 55415
- Dr. Emily Gallagher Smythe D.D.S.2220 W. Armitage Ave. Chicago IL 60647