Dr. Virginia A Powel M.D.
Pediatrician | Pediatric Critical Care Medicine6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa OK, 74136
Dr. Virginia Powel is a pediatrician practicing in Tulsa, OK. Dr. Powel is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Powel diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Powel can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1992
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine; Suny Buffalo Grad Med-Dent, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine; Mercy Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Dr. Virginia A Powel M.D.'s Practice location
Tulsa, OK 74136Get Direction
ROANOKE, VA 24014Get Direction
Dr. Virginia A Powel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Powel
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- Why Children Should Avoid Energy Drinks
The American Academy of Pediatrics clearly mentions that children should not drink high-octane energy drinks and should avoid having sports drinks. Energy drinks are unhealthy because of the high content of caffeine and other stimulants present in the drink, according to a report published in,...
- Are There Natural Ways to Boost the Immune System?
Herbs in small doses are proper medicines. Our ancient ancestors, knowing of the powers of herbs, collected them in a particular accordance with motions of the Moon and Sun.Today, scientists have learned almost everything about all the possible influences of herbs on our body and are aware of...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Holistic Treatments for Mumps
Mumps is a contagious viral infection that is easily transferred from one individual to another through contact with infected respiratory secretions. It’s caused by a virus referred to as paramyxovirus. Mostly, it attacks the parotid glands, which surround the angle of your jaw right below your...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Dr. Brian Scott Mcdowell D.O.12455 E 100th St N Owasso OK 74055
- Dr. Ted Kaltenbach D.O.8803 S 101st East Ave Tulsa OK 74133
- Dr. Gary Lynn Gaston M.D.1310 E Boone St Tahlequah OK 74464
- Dr. Laura Kathleen Taylor DO550 S Peoria Ave Tulsa OK 74120
- Dr. Jeffery J Bergman D.O.635 West 11th Street Tulsa OK 74127
- Dr. Kenneth R Setter M. D.2000 S Wheeling Ave Tulsa OK 74104