Dr. John Schwartz is a cardiologist practicing in Toledo, OH. Dr. Schwartz specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Schwartz also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1978
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. John L Schwartz MD's Practice location
Toledo, OH 43615Get Direction
Dr. John L Schwartz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure is called by other names, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiac failure, left-sided heart failure, and right-sided heart failure.The heart is an organ that pumps blood to various parts of the body and is a little larger than...
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- What is Rheumatic Fever?
Rheumatic fever is a complicated, nonsuppurative disease that affects the joints, blood vessels, heart, brain, and skin. It is an acute inflammatory response that has a PAST untreated or slightly treated Group A or group B beta-hemolytic streptococcal infection, such as strep throat or scarlet...
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- What are Phytosterols?
Experts are of the opinion that phytosterols improve the body’s ability to lower cholesterol levels. Like other cholesterol-lowering foods, including salmon and oats, phytosterols are supposed to lower the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol, LDL. Phytosterols, or plant sterols and stanol esters, are...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Dr. John R Letcher MD2940 N Mccord Rd Toledo OH 43615
- Dr. Todd L Monroe MD2940 N Mccord Rd Toledo OH 43615
- Dr. Tarif Adel Kanaan MD2409 Cherry St Toledo OH 43608
- Dr. Charles J Gbur MD5705 Monclova Rd Maumee OH 43537
- Dr. Adil M Karamali MD1601 Brigham Dr Perrysburg OH 43551
- Dr. James F Bingle MD2940 N Mccord Rd Toledo OH 43615