Dr. Sidney Cohen is a cardiologist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Cohen specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Cohen also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1957
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Oh State Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; University Hosp, Inc, Internal Medicine; Boston City Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Sidney Cohen MD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45236Get Direction
Dr. Sidney Cohen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Vitamin E May Not Prevent Heart Failure in Women
According to a new study, vitamin E supplementation may not reduce the risk of heart failure in women. This study is the first of its kind, focusing on the effectiveness of vitamin E supplementation in the prevention of heart failure. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to protect the body from...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- Fried Foods Aren't as Dangerous as We Thought
Spanish researchers have found that foods fried in healthier oils, like olive or sunflower oil, may not cause heart disease and premature death. The study was conducted on 40,000 adults who were followed up for 11 years to track the food intake and risk of heart disease. Although the study brings...
- Types and Causes of an Irregular Heartbeat
What does an irregular heartbeat mean?An irregular heartbeat is also medically termed as arrhythmia or dysrhythmia. An irregular heartbeat happens when the heart’s electrical signals that coordinate with your heartbeat are not properly functioning. When you have an arrhythmia, your heart may:...
- Angina Pectoris: What are the Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment?
Angina pectoris is a symptom of a coronary artery disease which causes chest pain due to less blood flow to the heart muscle. Angina pectoris is also known as angina, and this problem can be a recurring issue or a sudden acute issue. Angina pectoris can be defined as pressure, stiffness, tightness...
- Dr. Wojciech Mazur M.D.2123 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219
- Michelle A. Grenier3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45209
- John S. Held12 Camargo Canyon Cincinnati Ohio 45243
- Dr. Najamul H. Ansari M.D.840 S Wood St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Thomas I Murtaugh M.D.2454 Kipling Ave Cincinnati OH 45239
- Dr. Dean Kereiakes M.D.2123 Auburn Ave Cincinnati OH 45219