Dr. Tamiko Katsumoto is a rheumatologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Katsumoto specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Katsumoto treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 2002
University of California 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor and accessory cells modulate radioprotection by purified hematopoietic cells.
- Structurally distinct phosphatases CD45 and CD148 both regulate B cell and macrophage immunoreceptor signaling.
- Blocking TGFβ via Inhibition of the αvβ6 Integrin: A Possible Therapy for Systemic Sclerosis Interstitial Lung Disease.
- Cut to the quick.
- L-selectin-carbohydrate interactions: relevant modifications of the Lewis x trisaccharide.
- Ligation of L-selectin on T lymphocytes activates beta1 integrins and promotes adhesion to fibronectin.
- General Care
Dr. Tamiko Robin Katsumoto M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
STANFORD, CA 94305Get Direction
Dr. Tamiko Robin Katsumoto M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- Cracking the Case of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia (FM) is musculoskeletal syndrome that causes widespread pain in the joints and muscles coupled with intense fatigue, sleep, mood and memory issues. More than twelve million people suffer from FM syndrome with most of the affected being women between the ages of twenty-five and sixty....
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- Neighborhood Star Tichina Arnold Is an Advocate for the Fight Against Lupus
The 16th annual Hollywood Bag Ladies Luncheon was held in LA in November and designer handbags from Prada, Gucci, Chanel, Roberto Cavalli, and Prada were featured at the event to award “Neighborhood” star Tichina Arnold and her sister Zenay with the non-profits' Women of the Year Achievement...
- Lady Gaga Cancels European Tour Due to Fibromyalgia
One of music's biggest stars recently cancelled her European tour due to her unexplained illness. After being hospitalized, the decision to cancel Lady Gaga's Joanne World Tour seemed a prudent one. Lady Gaga took to her Instagram account to apologize to her fans and let them know that she suffers...
- Lupus Couldn't Stop Woman from 7-Month Hike
Stacey Kozel took a 2,190 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail. In this hike, she passed through 14 states, rugged terrain, and five national parks. “Iron Will” was the name her fellow hikers referred to when mentioning her.It was about three years ago that she was in a wheelchair. At 41, Kozel...
- Dr. Cailin Henderson Sibley M.D.20103 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546
- Dr. Molly Detgen Magnano MD2850 Telegraph Ave Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Sharon Alane Chung MDUcsf Ambulatory Care Ctr San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Brian R. Kaye M.D.2850 Telegraph Ave Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Andrew J. Gross M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Pradipta Ghosh MD710 Lawrence Expy Santa Clara CA 95051