Dr. Alejandro Garcia-hernandez M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology1410 MCFARLAND BLVD N TUSCALOOSA AL, 35406
Dr. Alejandro Garcia-hernandez is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Garcia-hernandez specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Alejandro Garcia-hernandez M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35244Get Direction
TUSCALOOSA, AL 35406Get Direction
Dr. Alejandro Garcia-hernandez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Garcia-hernandez
- AstraZeneca Gains United States Approval for Lymphoma Drug
Some forms of lymphoma are rarer than others. Most people can recognize Hodgkin lymphoma, but mantle cell lymphoma will strike them as a surprise.Because it is so rare, there are not as many drugs specific to this form of cancer. One has recently been approved in the United States, by the Food and...
- Superheroes Unite For Elementary Student Fighting Lymphoma
Anyone diagnosed with cancer knows how terrifying and debilitating the news can be. Now just imagine how horrible an experience it would be for an elementary school student to hear that they have cancer.It is a sad fact that thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer every year, and it is...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- How Immunotherapy Makes a Real Difference in Relapsed Hodgkin Lymphoma
Hodgkin lymphoma, which affects about 0.2% of the people in the United States, is often treated using a combination of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and stem cell transplant. Sometimes these treatments fail to halt the progress of the disease, and in other cases the cancer seems to halt but then...
- Make-A-Wish Makes a Movie Star
Through their fundraising, on average in the United States and its territories, Make-A-Wish is able to grant the wish of a child every 34 minutes.How was it started?The Make-A-Wish Foundation started with the wish of one 7-year-old boy’s wish in 1980. Chris Grecius, who had leukemia, wanted to be...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- Dr. Pamela Hughes MD1410 Mcfarland Blvd N Tuscaloosa AL 35406
- Dr. Dmitriy Zak M.D.1410 McFarland Blvd. North Tuscaloosa Alabama 35406
- Dr. Syed Fuad Hassany MD1410 Mcfarland Blvd N Tuscaloosa AL 35406
- Dr. Joanne Florence Rossman MD1410 Mcfarland Blvd N Tuscaloosa AL 35406
- Dr. Tatyana Sycheva MD1400 Afflink Pl Tuscaloosa AL 35406