Dr. Jonothon Gross is a psychiatrist practicing in Albany, CA. Dr. Gross is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Gross diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Gross may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Gross treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1973
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1974
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Napa State Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Napa State Hosp, Psychiatry
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Group (Northern California)/Napa-Solano Program
Dr. Jonothon E Gross MD's Practice location
Albany, CA 94706Get Direction
Dr. Jonothon E Gross MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- What's a Nymphomaniac?
What is Nymphomania?Nymphomania is a mental and emotional condition in women characterized by a sudden increase or extreme frequency of sexual urges or activity. To differentiate this from promiscuity and lust, the condition features a preoccupation with sex-related thoughts, feelings, or even...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- Coping with Geriatric Depression
Geriatric depression is a mental and emotional disorder that affects seniors. Every stage of life has its own set of challenges and aging is no exception. In fact, significant major changes surface and occur later life, such as the death of a loved one, retirement, medical problems, and increased...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Deepak K. Rao MD3100 Oak Road Walnut Creek California 94597
- Brad Gould907 San Ramon Valley Blvd. Dansville California 94526
- Dr. Javed Iqbal MD22 Oriole Court American Canyon California 94503
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC3260 Blume Drive Richmond California 94806
- Dr. Janice E. Cohen M.D.Inner Sunset San Francisco CA 94122