Dr. Bruce Bowen is a family practitioner practicing in Basalt, CO. Dr. Bowen specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Bowen possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1979
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1979
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Vascular Disease
- Strep Throat
- U Ma Mem Hlthcare-Univ Campus, Family Medicine
- Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Family Medicine Program
Dr. Bruce K Bowen MD's Practice location
Dr. Bruce K Bowen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bowen
- Health Reasons That Can Make a Person Pass Out
Causes of Fainting A person faints or loses consciousness for a brief time when the brain does not get enough oxygen. Fainting or passing out is also medically called syncope. Before fainting, people may experience lightheadedness, dizziness, weakness, and nausea. Others describe fainting as...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- What Are the Different Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis is a bacterial disease that is dangerous if not diagnosed early and treated. It is an infectious disease that spreads through sexual contact. It has 4 major stages but not all people go through these 4 stages. Still, it is important to get proper treatment. Syphilis has 4 stages in its...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Dr. Amy Elizabeth Brown MD1905 Blake Ave Glenwood Springs CO 81601
- Dr. Sarah Kathleen Rieves M.D.2139 N 12th St Grand Junction CO 81501
- Dr. Michael P Check M.D.Daly Ln Village Mall Snowmass Village CO 81615
- Dr. Karen Cross Locke MD1450 E Valley Rd Basalt CO 81621
- Dr. Richard Allen Herrington MD1340 Hwy 133 Carbondale CO 81623
- Dr. Kelly Tay Locke MD1450 E Valley Rd Basalt CO 81621