Dr. Ashok Yanamadala is a psychiatrist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Yanamadala is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Yanamadala diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Yanamadala may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Yanamadala treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
VA COMMONWEALTH UNIV SCH OF MED 1993
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1993
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1993
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
Dr. Ashok Yanamadala M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63128Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63129Get Direction
Dr. Ashok Yanamadala M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is intellectual disability?Intellectual disability was once called mental retardation. It is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities have below-average intelligence but are able to learn new skills at a...
- What Is Akathisia and How to Treat It?
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a medical condition that causes an individual to feel restless along with a constant urge to move. The term akathisia is derived from the Greek word akathemi, which would mean "to never sit down".Akathisia occurs as a side effect of first-generation or older...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- How to Prepare for Psychotherapy
Understanding PsychotherapyPsychotherapy is a form of treatment that is collaborative in nature. It is based on the relationship between a patient and a psychotherapist or simply a psychologist. This type of therapy provides an environment that allows you to openly and honestly communicate your...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- Dr. Ahmad B. Ardekani MD10004 Kennerly Rd St Louis MO 63128
- Dr. Sanjeev M. Kamat MD3507 Texas Avenue Street Level St. Louis Missouri 63118
- Dr. Christa L. Hines M.D.7234 Gayola Place St. Louis Missouri 63143
- Dr. Vadim Y. Baram MD12 Tristan Terrace St. Charles Missouri 63303
- Dr. Thomas Michael Moran MD889 South Brentwood Blvd. St. Louis Missouri 63105
- Dr. Azfar Malik M.D.4801 Weldon Spring Parkway St. Charles Missouri 63304