Dr. Joellen Popma PH.D.
Psychologist | Counseling165 Meadowbrook Rd Rochester NY, 14620
Joellen Popma is a psychologist practicing in Rochester, NY. Joellen specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Joellen evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Joellen because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Joellen Popma PH.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, NY 14620Get Direction
Dr. Joellen Popma PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Popma
- Recent Documentary Showcases an Autism Relationship
Dina Buno is the star and subject of a documentary film directed and produced by Antonio Santini and Dan Sickles, titled Dina, which premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival.She is also on the autism spectrum, as is her companion, Scott Levin. The documentary follows a year in their lives as...
- This College Graduate with Autism Is an Inspiration
For this young man, college was never a question. Many may think that's not that special, but in this case, it is. Paris King has autism, and many teens with autism might not have the same courage to go through with what he accomplished.Autism involves a social disability that may affect someone's...
- Behavioral and Emotional Meltdowns in Children with Autism
Parents of children with autism sometimes need to deal with physical and/or emotional outbursts. They could be out-of-control aggressive episodes which include screaming, shouting and crying. They may escalate into kicking, lashing out, and even biting.These episodes are not ‘temper tantrums’,...
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- Tips for Parents who are Raising a Child with Autism
If you are a parent who has a child with autism, you need to be proactive when it comes to understand your child's condition, and weighing out different treatments options. It is common for you to work with a multitude of people to help make the best decision for your child. A child's ability to...
- Autism: There's Nothing Getting in the Way of Their Careers
According to research, it has been very difficult for many with autism spectrum disorder to attain and retain a job; however, a new generation has decided they refuse to let anything get in their way.Jonathan YoungJonathan Young is one of these inspirational young professionals who is not letting...
- Amarjeet Purewal597 Concord Drive Webster New York 14597
- Dr. Laurie Ann Lash PH.D.130 Allens Creek Rd Rochester NY 14618
- Dr. Marcy A. Bush PHD95 Allens Creek Rd Rochester NY 14618
- Dr. Kerry Gordon PH.D.120 Allens Creek Rd Rochester NY 14618
- Dr. Daria Alongi PSYD170 OFFICE PARK WAY PITTSFORD NY 14534
- Dr. Howard E. Markus PH.D.900 Westfall Rd Rochester NY 14618