Dr. John Campbell is a psychiatrist practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Campbell is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Campbell diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Campbell may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Campbell treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1988
Dr. John J Campbell MD's Practice location
Portland, ME 04102Get Direction
Dr. John J Campbell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Campbell
- Can Kava Relieve Anxiety? Learn the Truth About this Herbal Remedy
Many people suffering from anxiety disorders often turn to prescription drugs to ease their pain. While medications prescribed by your physician can be helpful, it is also useful to explore homeopathic remedies. Kava, also known as kava-kava, is a plant-based relaxant that has been used by Pacific...
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- What are the Different Types of Anxiety?
What is anxiety?Individuals who have anxiety normally face stressful situations under normal circumstances, meaning, that they can become fearful and nervous completely out of context when a situation doesn't have any reason for these reactions. This is considered anxiety.Anxiety can be caused be a...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Dr. Linda Katherine Cunning D.O., M.P.H.2727 Marshall Ct Madison WI 53705
- Ramneesh Trehan4 Arundel Road Raymond Maine 04071
- Dr. Edward John Bilotti MD216 Vaughan St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Angela M. Liess MD84 Marginal Way Portland ME 04101
- Dr. Dylan M Mckenney MD22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Katherin Anne Rockefeller M.D.1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109