Dr. James Patrick Gurtowski M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon180 E Pulaski Rd Huntington Station NY, 11746
Dr. James Gurtowski is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Huntington Station, NY. Dr. Gurtowski specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Gurtowski tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 1984
State University of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook 1984
Stony Brook University School of Medicine 1984
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Torn Meniscus
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, General Surgery
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine
- University Hospital - SUNY at Stony Brook Program
Dr. James Patrick Gurtowski M.D.'s Practice location
Huntington Station, NY 11746Get Direction
Huntington, NY 11743Get Direction
Dr. James Patrick Gurtowski M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gurtowski
- D. f.
Several visits to Dr. Gurtowski over the past 2 years..
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- How to Prepare For Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome refers to a condition affecting the median nerve in your wrist. When you get this syndrome, you experience tingling, numbness, and pain radiating to your arms and hands, and it becomes difficult to use your arm especially around the wrist. The condition happens when carpal...
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials.When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- Dr. Alexandre B De moura MD761 Merrick Ave Westbury NY 11590
- Dr. Karen Avanesov D.O3059 Brighton 13th street Brooklyn NY 11235
- Dr. Charles Ruotolo M.D.5500 Merrick Road Massapequa New York 11758
- Dr. Stuart J. Hershon M.D.333 East Shore Road Manhasset New York 11030
- Dr. Peter Lementowski MD2200 Northern Blvd. East Hills NY 11548
- Dr. Daniel S. Markowicz M.D.222 Westchester Ave Harrison NY 10604