Dr. Paul Singer is an ophthalmologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Singer specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Singer can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Singer can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1973
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Wash Univ Affil Hosps, Ophthalmology; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Neurology; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Paul Singer MD's Practice location
Dr. Paul Singer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Should I Opt for Cataracts Surgery?
Cataracts is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that blocks the light entering the eye, thus affecting vision. Surgery is one of the most common options to treat cataracts and improve vision. It is performed by an ophthalmologist and in most cases, is an outpatient procedure. Cataracts is an eye...
- Beth R. Friedland5306 NC Highway 55 Durham North Carolina 27713
- Dr. Christine Lee M.D.6104 Fayetteville Road Durham North Carolina 27713
- Dr. Tamer H Mahmoud MD2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Thomas George Hunter MD2100 Erwin St Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Srilaxmi Bearelly M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Donald L Budenz MD900 Nw 17th Ave Miami FL 33101