Dr. Dawn Kearney is a speech language pathologist practicing in LEXINGTON, SC. Dr. Kearney specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Kearney evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Kearney helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Dawn Zachary Kearney MA, CCC-SLP's Practice location
LEXINGTON, SC 29072Get Direction
Dawn Zachary Kearney MA, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Miss Melissa Hiers Bull CCC-SLP210 STOCKMOOR RD COLUMBIA SC 29212
- Mrs. Melinda Snelgrove M. A. CCC-SLP212 ROLAND DR LEXINGTON SC 29073
- Mrs. Amy Duke Eubanks SLP940 OLD BUSH RIVER RD CHAPIN SC 29036
- Lisa Marie Brown CCC-SLP3 RICEMILL FRY COLUMBIA SC 29229
- Ms. Lorraine A Adcox MS, CCC-SLP10 POND OAK CT COLUMBIA SC 29212
- Dr. Angela N Mcleod PH.D., CCC-SLP1224 SUMTER STREET, SUITE 300 KEENAN BUILDING COLUMBIA SC 29201