Dr. Thomas D Ahlin MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology737 Broadway Fargo ND, 58122
Dr. Thomas Ahlin is a nephrologist practicing in Fargo, ND. Dr. Ahlin specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Ahlin most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ of Nm Sch of Med, Albuquerque Nm 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- University Hosp, Nephrology; University Hosp, Internal Medicine; Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Thomas D Ahlin MD's Practice location
Fargo, ND 58122Get Direction
Dr. Thomas D Ahlin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahlin
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- Dr. Eram Shahira MD737 Broadway Fargo ND 58122
- Dr. Adit S Mahale MD801 Broadway N Fargo ND 58102
- Dr. Ahmer H Qarni MD3000 32nd Ave S Fargo ND 58103
- Dr. Almothana M Shanaah MD737 Broadway Fargo ND 58122
- Dr. Byron D. Danielson M.D.2101 Elm St N Fargo ND 58102
- Dr. Inna Malostovker MD352 B East Parker Road Morganton NC 28655