Dr. Michael Smith is a psychiatrist practicing in Long Beach, CA. Dr. Smith is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Smith diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Smith may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Smith treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1989
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1981
BELLEVIEW HOSP 1985
- La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, Psychiatry
Dr. Michael Rodney Smith MD's Practice location
Long Beach, CA 90806Get Direction
Dr. Michael Rodney Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- Dr. Deborah K. Lucas D.O.2400 East Katella Avenue Anaheim California 92806
- Dr. Sayeh Beheshti M.D.18141 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach CA 92648
- Dr. Carmen P. Gonzales-Nate M.D.3737 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Lynwood California 90262
- Dolores Fernandez Hernandez2460 Pine Avenue Long Beach California 90806
- Dr. Clifford L. Corman M.D.4281 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720
- Dr. Jay Leathers MD2035 E. Ball Road Anaheim CA 92806