Dr. Alan R Plumer M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology90 Crystal Run Rd Suite 403 Middletown NY, 10941
Dr. Alan Plumer is a gastroenterologist practicing in Middletown, NY. Dr. Plumer specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Plumer performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Dr. Alan R Plumer M.D.'s Practice location
Middletown, NY 10941Get Direction
GOSHEN, NY 10924Get Direction
Dr. Alan R Plumer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Plumer
- Inspiring Others with Crohn’s Disease through Bodybuilding
Adolescence and young adulthood are formative points in a person’s life. These are times when people are thinking about and beginning to plan for their futures while also forming life-long relationships and perhaps beginning to build families. Throw a chronic disease like Crohn’s or colitis in...
- Zooey Deschanel Opens Up About Celiac Disease
Did you know... 1 in 133 Americans are diagnosed with celiac disease, and this doesn't include all those cases that remain undiagnosed. Zooey Deschanel, an American singer-songwriter, actress, and model has celiac. In an interview with Hello Magazine, she explains how she is coping and how she...
- New Research Shows a Link Between Chronic Illness and Attempted Suicide in Young People
Both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis can trigger life-threatening complications that may require surgical intervention. According to Statistics Canada, suicide is a major cause of impulsive and preventable death. It is one of the leading causes of death among individuals of all ages and it...
- How Long Does It Take to Digest Food?
Digestion is when the body breaks down the food we consume into smaller particles to get absorbed into the bloodstream. The entire digestion process is divided into three different stages: oral, gastric, and intestinal.The Process of DigestionThe entire process of digestion is divided into three...
- Doctors Recommend Pneumonia Vaccine to Celiac Disease Patients
Disorders in the immune system can cause abnormally high or low activity of the immune system. It is also known that celiac disease is an autoimmune condition. This disease is a severe genetic condition. It means that the antibodies start attacking the body instead of fighting off infections such as...
- Leaky Gut Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is leaky gut syndrome?Leaky gut syndrome is often associated with symptoms such as gas, stomach bloating, being sensitive to certain kinds of foods, and abdominal cramps. However, it is not easy to recognize the signs of a leaky gut, which is why the condition still remains an unsolved...
- Dr. Dhiren Patel M.D.210 E Main St Middletown NY 10940
- Dr. David Harold Brody M.D.56 Church St Port Jervis NY 12771
- Dr. Rosa Cirillo MD95 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Todd P Jessup M.D.61 EMERALD PL ROCK HILL NY 12775
- Dr. Alex J Gershenhorn MD155 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Nicholas George Bambino MD10 Elm St Cornwall NY 12518