Dr. Kasia Van pett practices Neurological Surgery in Eugene, OR. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Van pett prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1991
Stanford University School of Medicine 1991
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery; Duke Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Kasia Van pett MD's Practice location
Eugene, OR 97401Get Direction
Dr. Kasia Van pett MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Dr. Andrew J Kokkino MD3355 Riverbend Dr Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. Stephen J Mcgirr MD3355 Riverbend Dr Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. Erik Friedrich Hauck MD, PHD3311 Riverbend Dr Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. Andrea Lois Halliday MD3355 Riverbend Dr Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. Neil Edmund Roundy MD3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Christopher George Miller MD74b Centennial Loop Eugene OR 97401