Dr. Tara Meyer is a speech language pathologist practicing in CHICAGO, IL. Dr. Meyer specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Meyer evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Meyer helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Tara Meyer M.A. CCC-SLP's Practice location
CHICAGO, IL 60622Get Direction
Tara Meyer M.A. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Norah Garrity M.S. CCC-SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Sarah Spencer SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Heather Jackman M.A.902 W CYPRESS DR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IL 60005
- Dr. Guliz Barkan MDLoyola University Medical Center Maywood IL 60153
- Leslie Swartz MS,CCC-SLP241 GOLF MILL CTR NILES IL 60714
- Miss Alyson Fergus CCC-SLP/L827 S KENT AVE ELMHURST IL 60126