Dr. Patricia Held is a psychologist practicing in Annapolis, MD. Dr. Held specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Held evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Held because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Patricia Garvin Held PHD's Practice location
Annapolis, MD 21401Get Direction
Dr. Patricia Garvin Held PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- How Music Therapy Benefits Autism
At some point in their lives, most people feel distressed by the way others see them. It’s common for others to see people for surface level qualities rather than who they truly are. This can be amplified while living with a condition such as autism. One of the main challenges that people with...
- How to Protect Children with Autism from Being Bullied
Introduction to BullyingIt is an unfortunate fact that children have a tendency to find weaknesses and differences in their peers and latch onto it, emotionally or physically hurting the other child in the process. When performed on purpose and repeatedly this is bullying, and is a serious problem....
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...
- Jill Gann Burlingame PH.D.650 Ritchie Hwy Severna Park MD 21146
- Dr. Kristen M Tarquin PHD1190 Winterson Road Linthicum Heights MD 21090
- Dr. William S. Garmoe PH.D.14300 Gallant Fox Ln Bowie MD 20715
- Dr. Frank Gibson PHD7827 Wise Ave Dundalk MD 21222
- Dr. Karin Anstendig Mosk PSY.D.3231 Superior Ln Bowie MD 20715
- Dr. Catherine Marie Smithmyer PH.D.100 Helfen Bein Ln Chester MD 21619