Dr. Rita P Eckenrode MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)2301 S Huron Pkwy Suite 3c Ann Arbor MI, 48104
Dr. Rita Eckenrode is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Eckenrode specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Eckenrode can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Eckenrode can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1980
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1980
- Gestational Diabetes
- St Joseph Mercy Hlth Sys, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- SCS/MSUCOM/St Joseph Mercy Health System Program
Dr. Rita P Eckenrode MD's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Get Direction
Dr. Rita P Eckenrode MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eckenrode
- What You Need to Know About Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Testing
HPV is the most commonly spread sexually transmitted infection (STI). What people must know is that the HPV virus is a different virus from that of HIV and HSV (herpes). It is transmitted so often that almost everyone who participates in sexual activity will contract the virus at some time in...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Menstrual Cramps?
The dull, throbbing, or sharp pain felt in the lower abdomen before and during menstrual periods is known as menstrual cramps, or dysmenorrhea. The pain may range in severity and continue for two to three days. Although all women are not affected by period pains, it may affect normal activities in...
- Are There Routine Checks for Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian cancer is the most common cause of death among gynecologic types of cancer. The most common risk factors for ovarian cancer are:...
- Innovative New Technique Improves Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Despite only using a conventional optical microscope, researchers have found a way to see farther and more detailed into what they are studying. This is by using expansion microscopy, expanding the size of what they are observing, instead of intensifying the microscope at a high cost. This technique...
- Foods to Eat While Pregnant
What you eat when you are pregnant matters, as this is the source of nutrients for the growing baby. There is an increased need of proteins and calcium for the growth of tissues and bones in the fetus. Extra folic acid in the diet will prevent the risk of neural tube birth defects and will also help...
- Is Gastric Bypass Effective for Weight Loss?
A new study that was published in the journal, Archives of Surgery, shows that gastric banding may not be as effective as gastric bypass surgery in regards to weight loss. Gastric banding is considered to be safer and simpler than gastric bypass surgery, and many overweight and obese people are...
- Dr. Eiman H. El-Tag M.D.825 Bermuda Dunes Place Northbrook Illinois 60062
- Dr. Djamilia E. Kryukov M.D.800 West Biesterfield Road Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007
- Dr. Christina Marie DiMaggio MD26850 Providence Pkwy Novi Michigan 48374
- Dr. Natalie Clark Stentz M.D.1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Karen Walker M.D.4990 W. Clark Road Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Martha M Walsh M.D.2305 Genoa Business Park Dr Brighton MI 48114