Dr. Boyce Keith English MD
Infectious Disease Specialist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Infectious Diseases1910 Nonconnah Blvd Suite 120 Memphis TN, 38132
Dr. Boyce English is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Memphis, TN. Dr. English specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
- Specific inhibitors of p38 and extracellular signal-regulated kinase mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways block inducible nitric oxide synthase and tumor necrosis factor accumulation in murine macrophages stimulated with lipopolysaccharide and i
- The src family-selective tyrosine kinase inhibitor PP1 blocks LPS and IFN-gamma-mediated TNF and iNOS production in murine macrophages.
- Isolation and characterization of vancomycin-tolerant Streptococcus pneumoniae from the cerebrospinal fluid of a patient who developed recrudescent meningitis.
- Ceramide-mediated stimulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and tumor necrosis factor (TNF) accumulation in murine macrophages requires tyrosine kinase activity.
- Effects of antibiotic class on the macrophage inflammatory response to Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Immunomodulation by exogenous surfactant: effect on TNF-alpha secretion and luminol-enhanced chemiluminescence activity by murine macrophages stimulated with group B streptococci.
- Pneumococcal meningitis in children: relationship of antibiotic resistance to clinical characteristics and outcomes.
- Differential effects of p38- and extracellular signal-regulated kinase mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitors on inducible nitric oxide synthase and tumor necrosis factor production in murine macrophages stimulated with Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Role of mitogen-activated protein kinases in CpG DNA-mediated IL-10 and IL-12 production: central role of extracellular signal-regulated kinase in the negative feedback loop of the CpG DNA-mediated Th1 response.
- Pneumococcal susceptibility to meropenem in a mid-south children's hospital.
- Role of vav1- and src-related tyrosine kinases in macrophage activation by CpG DNA.
- Role of vav1 in the lipopolysaccharide-mediated upregulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase production and nuclear factor for interleukin-6 expression activity in murine macrophages.
- Group B streptococci exposed to rifampin or clindamycin (versus ampicillin or cefotaxime) stimulate reduced production of inflammatory mediators by murine macrophages.
- SHP-1 inhibits LPS-mediated TNF and iNOS production in murine macrophages.
- Early vancomycin therapy and adverse outcomes in children with pneumococcal meningitis.
Dr. Boyce Keith English MD's Practice location
Memphis, TN 38132Get Direction
LANSING, MI 48912Get Direction
Dr. Boyce Keith English MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. English
- What Is Cytomegalovirus?
What is cytomegalovirus?Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a member of the herpes virus family. Others viruses that belong to the same family are:...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Does My Child have Whooping Cough?
What is pertussis?Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a highly contagious airborne disease of the respiratory system and can occur in children, adolescents, and adults of any age, unless they are vaccinated. The frequency of the occurrence in the U.S. are very promising, as annually there are 5,000 to...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- Is the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
What are some considerations with regard to vaccination?Never hide anything from your GP while he is deciding about the shots for your baby as your carelessness might have grave after-effects (side effects) for your baby. If your baby has diarrhea or is recovering from the flu, it would not be the...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...