Mr. Jonathan H Sumner M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease30 Hempstead Ave Suite H 8 Rockville Centre NY, 11570
Dr. Jonathan Sumner is a cardiologist practicing in Rockville Centre, NY. Dr. Sumner specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sumner also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ Libre De Bruxelles- Fac De Med Et De Pharm- Bruxelles- 1978
Free University Of Brussels Faculty Of Med and Pharmacy 1978
UniversitÈ Libre de Bruxelles FacultÈ de MÈdecine 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neck Pain
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Transient Ischemic Attack (tia)
- Vascular Disease
- Beth Israel Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Long Island Coll Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Brooklyn Hosp
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn/Long Island College Hospital Program
Mr. Jonathan H Sumner M.D.'s Practice location
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Get Direction
Brooklyn, MI 49230Get Direction
Flushing, NY 11354Get Direction
Mr. Jonathan H Sumner M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sumner
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Your Risk of a Heart Attack Increases While Grieving
Mourning the death of a loved one will increase the risk of heart attack in the days immediately following the death of the loved one. The risk is elevated in the month that follows the loss, according to a new study. According to the researchers, this is the first study to see whether grieving can...
- Are Statins Safe?
Statins are a class of drugs that help to reduce the levels of cholesterol in blood by inhibiting the enzyme involved in the production of cholesterol in liver. It is one of the most commonly prescribed drug to lower cholesterol levels and to avoid complications like stroke and heart attacks....
- Citrus Fruits Can Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Citrus fruits, like oranges and grape fruit, contain a compound that may reduce the risk of stroke in women, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal, Stroke. Many of the earlier studies had shown the beneficial effect of antioxidants, like flavonoids, present in...
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Mr. Carl Dietrich Reimers MD130 E 77th St New York NY 10075
- Dr. Elena V. Bezoff D.O3049 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Nino D. Marino M.D110 East 59th Street New York City New York 10022
- Dr. Bijoy K. Mehta MD140-15 Stanford Avenue Flushing New York 11355
- Dr. Jeremiah M. Gelles MD8714 5th Avenue Brooklyn New York 11209
- Dr. Larry Altschul MD540 Union Blvd West Islip NY 11795