Dr. Carl Gilbert is a general surgeon practicing in Little Rock, AR. Dr. Gilbert specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Gilbert provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Haiti / School of Medicine And Pharmacy 1973
University of Haiti Medicine
State University of Medicine and Pharmacy Nicolae Testemitanu Faculty of Medicine 1973
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Leg Ulcer
- Jewish Hospital
- Maimonides Medical Center/Infants and Children's Hospital of Brooklyn Program
Dr. Carl J Gilbert MD's Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72205Get Direction
Dr. Carl J Gilbert MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilbert
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
There are a few problems that can affect the digestive tract and cause problems, and they are generally referred to as irritable bowel diseases (IBD). The most common IBDs are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. IBD is different from IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which does not cause...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- Appendicitis and Appendectomy
Health care personnel can identify many cases of appendicitis by checking the patient's medical history and then doing a physical examination of the individual.The health care personnel will ask questions like:...
- Dr. Emilio Tirado M D500 S University Ave Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Michael Marion Pollock MD9500 Kanis Road Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Lewis E Porter M.D.5 MEDICAL PARK DR BENTON AR 72015
- Dr. Mark R Gibbs MD9500 Kanis Road Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Eric M Paul M.D.9500 Kanis Road Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Chris M Cate MD9500 Kanis Road Little Rock AR 72205