Dr. Jeffrey Michael Rimmer MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1 S Prospect St Burlington VT, 05401
Dr. Jeffrey Rimmer is a nephrologist practicing in Burlington, VT. Dr. Rimmer specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Rimmer most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Connecticut School of Medicine 1976
- Sustained low-efficiency dialysis as a treatment modality in a patient with lymphoma-associated lactic acidosis.
- Histone-DNA interactions and their modulation by phosphorylation of
- Renal failure obfuscates the diagnosis of Cushing's disease.
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in patients receiving lithium carbonate.
- The consequences of renal artery stenosis.
- University of Vermont/Fletcher Allen Health Care Program
Dr. Jeffrey Michael Rimmer MD's Practice location
Burlington, VT 05401Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey Michael Rimmer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rimmer
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Dr. Alan Segal M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Dana Gabriela Negoi MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Wolfgang Johannes Weise M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Richard Jay Solomon MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Katharine Lana Cheung M.D.1 S PROSPECT ST BURLINGTON VT 05401
- Dr. Abhishek Kumar M.D.1 S PROSPECT ST BURLINGTON VT 05401