Dr. Timothy Paul Bukowski MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology160 Macgregor Pines Dr Suite 205 Cary NC, 27511
Dr. Timothy Bukowski practices Pediatric Urology in Cary, NC. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Bukowski is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Bukowski performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1987
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1987
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- 2004
- Multicystic dysplastic kidney as cause of gastric outlet obstruction and respiratory compromise.
- Ethical considerations of fetal urology: summary of the twenty-second biannual meeting of the society for fetal urology.
- Urethral atresia in a neonate with alveolar capillary dysplasia and pulmonary venous misalignment.
- Importance of identifying the inconspicuous penis: prevention of circumcision complications.
- Monfort abdominoplasty with neoumbilical modification.
- Is human chorionic gonadotropin useful for identifying and treating nonpalpable testis?
- Epididymitis in older boys: dysfunctional voiding as an etiology.
- Evaluation of acute scrotum in the emergency department.
- Fetal therapy for obstructive uropathy: diagnosis specific outcomes [corrected].
- Use of urinary beta-2-microglobulin to predict severe renal damage in fetal obstructive uropathy.
- The infected urachal cyst: primary excision versus a staged approach.
- Percutaneous intravesical retrieval of a misplaced urethral stent: new laparoscopic instrumentation.
- Prophylactic adrenalectomy of a three-year-old girl with congenital adrenal hyperplasia: pre- and postoperative studies.
- Multi-institutional study of testicular microlithiasis in childhood: a benign or premalignant condition?
- Clinical Faculty Teacher of the Year, Wake Area Health Education Cente 2003
- Best Doctors -1, -1-0
- Best Doctors in America 2009
- Roster of Teaching Excellence Award, UNC Chapel Hill 1999
- Urology Attending of the Year Award, UNC Chapel Hill 1998
- CIBA Geigy Award for Community Commitment, SUNY at Buffalo 1985
- The Best Doctors in America
- Teaching Excellence Award, UNC School of Medicine 1999
- Birth Defects
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Board Member North Carolina Pediatric Society Foundation
- Member Amercan Urological Association
- FellowSociety of Pediatric Urology
- FellowAmerican College of Surgeons
- FellowAmerican Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Urology
- Wayne St Univ-Detroit M C, Urology; Wayne St Univ-Detroit M C, General Surgery
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Program
- Children's Hospital of Michigan, Pediatric Urology, MI, USA (1995) -- Research Fellow
- Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Pediatric Urology, OH, USA (1994) -- Research Fellow
- Clinical Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI, Pediatric Urology 1995
- Research Fellow: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, Pediatric Urology 1994
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Consulting Professor 1999Urologic Surgery., Duke University School of Medicine
Dr. Timothy Paul Bukowski MD's Practice location
Cary, NC 27511Get Direction
RALEIGH, NC 27612Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Cary, NC 27511Get Direction
Raleigh, NC 27612Get Direction
Dr. Timothy Paul Bukowski MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bukowski
Absolutely love Dr. Bukowski.
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...