Dr. Shaina Lipa is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Lipa specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Lipa tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Shaina A Lipa MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Shaina A Lipa MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- The Function of Joints
Skeletal systemOur musculoskeletal system is made of muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bones, and bursae. When impulse stimulates, the muscles contract and these muscles are attached to the ligaments. Most of the skeletal system is made of bones and cartilage. The cartilage or ligaments are...
- What You Need to Know About Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a medical condition that if diagnosed on time could be preventable and successfully treatable. In literal terms, osteoporosis means ‘bones with holes’. It is often called “the silent thief” because bone loss occurs without symptoms.But what is osteoporosis? According to WHO...
- What Is Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Cervical spinal stenosis surgery is a surgical treatment used to solve problems of spinal stenosis in the cervical part of the spine. Before even talking about this surgical procedure it is very important to understand what cervical spinal stenosis is first.Cervical spinal stenosis is characterized...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- Dr. Richard Morales Ozuna M.D.1 Orthopedics Dr Peabody Massachusetts 01960
- Dr. Robert Kyle Fullick MD6400 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Michael S. Kain M.D.41 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01805
- Dr. Joseph C. McCarthy MD55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Daniel C. Snyder M.D.2000 Washington St. Newton Massachusetts 2462
- Dr. Virginia Mooney Jones MD1265 Hwy 54 W Fayetteville GA 30214