Dr. Ann Burnham is an ophthalmologist practicing in Lexington, MA. Dr. Burnham specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Burnham can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Burnham can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1984
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 1984
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Ophthalmology; Virginia Mason Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Tufts New Eng Med Center 1985
- Virginia Mason Medical Center Program
Dr. Ann Pawlowski Burnham M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Ann Pawlowski Burnham M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- What to Expect After Cataract Surgery?
As long as you are healthy, you don’t have any other eye infections and you don’t smoke, your cataract operation recovery should be without much ado. Research shows that several months after the surgery, most people get a positive outcome with better vision, clearer images and no other eye...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- How to Prepare for Cataract Surgery
The normal process of aging is the leading cause of cataracts. The eye’s lens slowly loses its clarity and gets cloudy as we age. As a result, the quality of vision decreases. Cataract surgery is recommended when your life’s quality starts to suffer.It is important to know how to prepare...
- Dr. Nilesh M. Sheth M.D., MPH3 Woodland Road Stoneham Massachusetts 02180
- Dr. Peter A. Rapoza MD50 Staniford Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Johanna M. Seddon MD800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111
- Dr. Robin F. Steinberg MD172 Cambridge St. Burlington Massachusetts 01803
- Mrs. Kathryn L Masselam hatch M.D.1601 Trapelo Rd Waltham MA 02451
- Dr. Helen Rego Moreira M.D.123 Summer St Worcester MA 01604