Dr. Joseph Iuorno is an ophthalmologist practicing in Henrico, VA. Dr. Iuorno specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Iuorno can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Iuorno can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
St George',s University 2000
St. George's University School of Medicine 2000
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- SUNY Upstate Med University/Josephs Hospital Health Center 2001
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Program
Dr. Joseph Iuorno M.D.'s Practice location
Henrico, VA 23238Get Direction
HENRICO, VA 23233Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Iuorno M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Iuorno
- What Is Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC): Get the Facts
Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC) is also known as contact lens-induced papillary conjunctivitis (CLPC) because it is the most common symptom with people who wear contact lenses. GPC forms small nodules on the inner side of the eyelids as a result of foreign body irritation. Moreover, people who...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery on Both Eyes at the Same Time?
When your doctor determines that both eyes have a cataract, the eye having a denser cataract will be operated on first. After a couple of days or weeks, the second eye can then be operated on.This approach gives the first eye time to recover and the vision to stabilize as you wait for another...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- Natario L. Couser6611 Monument Avenue Richmond Virginia 23226
- Dr. Crystan M Schneider MD8700 Stony Point Pkwy Richmond VA 23235
- Dr. Jason Chiappetta M.D.5875 Bremo Rd Richmond VA 23226
- Dr. Christopher Theodore Leffler MD4819 Cedar Branch Ct Glen Allen VA 23060
- Dr. Suzanne M Everhart D.O.,P.C.204 Virginia St Ashland VA 23005
- Dr. William H Benson M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298