Dr. Vanessa Freitas is a speech language pathologist practicing in WAIPAHU, HI. Dr. Freitas specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Freitas evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Freitas helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
- The geodiamolide H, derived from Brazilian sponge Geodia corticostylifera, regulates actin cytoskeleton, migration and invasion of breast cancer cells cultured in three-dimensional environment.
- Secretion of collagen I and tenascin is modulated by laminin-111 in 3D culture of human adenoid cystic carcinoma cells.
- Adhesion and protease activity in cell lines from human salivary gland tumors are regulated by the laminin-derived peptide AG73, syndecan-1 and beta1 integrin.
- Intracellular nitric oxide assessment in whole blood leukocytes by flow cytometry: optimization and applicability to monitor patients with chronic graft nephropathy.
- Role of MMP9 on invadopodia formation in cells from adenoid cystic carcinoma. Study by laser scanning confocal microscopy.
- Matrix metalloproteinases, TIMPs and growth factors regulating ameloblastoma behaviour.
- Effect of a calcium-channel blocker (verapamil) on the morphology, cytoskeleton and collagenase activity of human skin fibroblasts.
- Laminin-111 derived peptides AG73 and C16 regulate invadopodia activity of a human adenoid cystic carcinoma cell line.
- Invadopodia proteins, cortactin and membrane type I matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) are expressed in ameloblastoma.
- Oestrogen receptor β in adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glands.
- Retinoic acid and cAMP inhibit rat hepatocellular carcinoma cell proliferation and enhance cell differentiation.
- Decreased expression of ADAMTS-1 in human breast tumors stimulates migration and invasion.
- Expression of molecules related to AKT pathway as putative regulators of ameloblastoma local invasiveness.
- A novel cell line derived from pleomorphic adenoma expresses MMP2, MMP9, TIMP1, TIMP2, and shows numeric chromosomal anomalies.
- Progesterone acts via the progesterone receptor to induce adamts proteases in
Miss Vanessa Marie Freitas MA CCC-SLP's Practice location
WAIPAHU, HI 96797Get Direction
Miss Vanessa Marie Freitas MA CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Irene Marie Stetkevich M.A., CCC-SLP99-080 KAUHALE ST STE D9 AIEA HI 96701
- Ms. Melissa Anne Connolly MS, CCC-SLP575 FARRINGTON HWY KAPOLEI HI 96707
- Samantha Mccrumb1010 S KING ST STE B4 HONOLULU HI 96814
- Janie Lynn Brown M.S2202 WAIOLA ST APT C HONOLULU HI 96826
- Mr. Gregg W. Lee MS, CCC-SLP3210 OAHU AVE HONOLULU HI 96822
- Ms. Primrose Seveses Buenaluz1210 WILHELMINA RISE HONOLULU HI 96816