Dr. Emmett Mathews is a cardiologist practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Mathews specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Mathews also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University Va School Med,Charlottesville, Va, Usa MD 1968
University of Virginia / Main Campus 1968
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1968
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Emmett C Mathews MD's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28207Get Direction
Emmett C Mathews MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Sons Can Inherit Heart Disease from Their Fathers
A recent study has shown that some of the genes present in the Y chromosome increases the chances of heart disease by as much as 50%. Men inherit a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases directly from their fathers. This adds to the increasing evidence as to why men are more susceptible to heart...
- Does Hypertension Have Warning Signs?
With modern life complexities becoming more evident, instances of lifestyle health conditions like hypertension have been on the rise. According a recent report, the number of people living with hypertension is estimated to reach 1.56 billion worldwide by the year 2025. In the US, more than 75% of...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Alternative Treatments for Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive heart failure is a serious heart condition where the heart cannot pump the required amount of blood needed for the body’s circulatory system. Prevention is the most important step for congestive heart failure, and this can be achieved through a healthy diet and lifestyle. If the usual...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?
What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?Atrial fibrillation or A – Fib is an infection that causes abnormal heartbeat rhythms. As a result of this, the heart beating is not normal. Due to this abnormal heart beat, arrhythmia’s (Fast or Slow heartbeat) may develop. The most affected...
- Betty S. Kim M.D.2222 N Nevada Ave Colorado Springs CO 80907
- Michael Rinaldi MD1001 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- William Downey MD1001 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Bryan Wilson MD1001 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Richard F. Miller MD15110 John J. Delaney Drive Charlotte NC 28277
- Christopher George Stephenson M.D.1640 E Roosevelt Blvd Monroe NC 28112