Dr. Monika Shirodkar practices Endocrinology in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Shirodkar specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Shirodkar examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 2005
- Acromegaly, Addison's Disease, Diabetes And More
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Cancer
- Vascular Disease
- Graves' Disease
- Jefferson University Hospitals
Dr. Monika Khanna Shirodkar MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19107Get Direction
Unknown, - 99999Get Direction
Dr. Monika Khanna Shirodkar MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Five Type 2 Diabetes Risk Factors to Watch
A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine concluded that health problems and early death rates could be lowered by controlling at least five known risk considerations for type 2 diabetes. ...
- Treatment for Diabetes
Diabetes is a common disease, but it may turn extremely chronic if left untreated without taking necessary precautions. Thus, every individual needs to offer unique care towards their health. It is recommended that diabetic patients and their families increase their awareness with respect to the...
- Hyperthyroidism, Graves' Disease, and Pregnancy
Thyroid problems are more common among women and are especially prevalent during pregnancy as an intercurrent disease. Despite being common during pregnancy, it can be fairly serious to the health of both the mother and the fetus.How do thyroid problems affect pregnancy?There is always an increased...
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Diabetic Ketoacidosis?
An OverviewDiabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is considered to be one of the most severe metabolic imbalance associated with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes mellitus is also known as insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, wherein a patient depends upon external sources of insulin as its body is...
- Woodrow B. Kessler2901 Duttons Mill Road Aston Pennsylvania 19014
- Dr. Karen E. Agersborg DO8815 Germantown Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118
- Bertram J. Channick3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140
- Dr. Serge A. Jabbour M.D.211 S 9th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Ned M Weiss MD2500 Maryland Rd Willow Grove PA 19090
- Dr. Michael Rickels MD3400 Spruce Street Philadelphia PA 19104