Dr. Ellen Marie Kwon PSY.D.
Psychologist65 N MADISON AVE STE 405 PASADENA CA, 91101
Dr. Ellen Kwon is a psychologist practicing in Torrance, CA. Dr. Kwon specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Kwon evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Kwon because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor stimulation results in phosphorylation of cAMP response element-binding protein through activation of pp90RSK.
- The C-terminal multimerization domain is essential for leukemia development by CBFβ-SMMHC in a mouse knockin model.
- Mechanism of transcriptional activation of the immediate early gene Egr-1 in response to PIXY321.
- The molecular mechanism of action of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor.
Dr. Ellen Marie Kwon PSY.D.'s Practice location
Torrance, CA 90502Get Direction
PASADENA, CA 91101Get Direction
Dr. Ellen Marie Kwon PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kwon
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- 12-Year-Old Pianist with Autism Blows Audience Away on Harry Connick Jr. Show
Tina Velazquez knew that her son, Jacob, was special very early on. When he was just 13 months old, he was not speaking; however, he had learned the entire alphabet by heart. By the age of 2, he had memorized all 50 states and the 7 continents. During this time, Jacob was also diagnosed with speech...
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Jenna J. Torres PSYD595 East Colorado Blvd. Pasadena CA 91101
- Stella Tam Other447 N El Molino Ave Pasadena CA 91101
- Dr. Aileen Arratoonian PH.D.127 N. MADISON AVE PASADENA CA 91101
- Dr. Monica Ng PSY.D.95 N Marengo Ave Pasadena CA 91101
- Dr. Thomas Alan Miklusak MD PHD180 S Lake Ave Pasadena CA 91101
- Dr. Sue Folk Smith PH.D.131 N El Molino Ave Pasadena CA 91101