Dr. Terry Anderson is a cardiologist practicing in Oakland, CA. Dr. Anderson specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Anderson also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1985
- Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Cardiovascular Diseases; San Joaquin Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine; Kaiser Permanente Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; San Joaquin Gen Hosp, Family Medicine
Dr. Terry J. Anderson MD's Practice location
Oakland, CA 94611Get Direction
Dr. Terry J. Anderson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Heart Health Benefits of Arginine?
Arginine is an essential amino acid that has been in the spot light among hundreds of other nutrients because of its benefits to the heart. For many people diagnosed with heart disease, the heart-healthy benefits of this nutrient have come to the forefront. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid...
- Does an Enlarged Heart Affect Health?
Enlarged heart or cardiomegaly is an indication of an underlying condition rather than a disease in itself. Enlargement makes the heart work harder than normal and weakens the heart muscles after a period of time. An enlarged heart has a number of causes including hypertension and coronary artery...
- What Are the Best Ways to Lower Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure above 140/90 mm Hg is considered hypertension, and is one of the most prevalent and preventable conditions. High blood pressure is one of the causes of about 15% of deaths in the country, and also increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Not to mention the risks of aneurysms,...
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- What is Lupus?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s healthy cells, tissues, and organs. The inflammation can damage the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, and blood vessels.Normally, the body’s immune system produces antibodies. These antibodies protect and fight...
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- Dr. Gordon L. Fung MD1600 Divisadero Street San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Jason A. Talavera M.D.12728 19th Avenue South East Everett Washington 98208
- Ellen Jane Killebrew901 Nevin Avenue Richmond California 94801
- Dr. Evelyn Li M.D.46356 Long Spring Blvd. Fremont California 94539
- Dr. Howard J.P. Kline1 Shrader St San Francisco CA 94117
- Dr. Gustin Ming sun Ho M.D.929 Clay St San Francisco CA 94108