Following a residency at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City, Dr. Dorff came to LAC+USC Medical Center on a hematology and medical oncology fellowship. She currently teaches in the Division of Cancer ...
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 2000
University of California 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Prostate cancer metastases to bone: pathophysiology, pain management, and the promise of targeted therapy.
- Perioperative chemotherapy for urothelial cancer: how have we made a "sow's ear" out of a chemotherapy-sensitive tumor?
- Cabazitaxel in prostate cancer: stretching a string.
- Vaccine therapy with sipuleucel-T (Provenge) for prostate cancer.
- Advanced prostate cancer: new agents, new questions.
- Targeted therapy in renal cancer.
- The epothilones: new therapeutic agents for castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Ethnic differences in neuroendocrine expression in prostate cancer tissue.
- Blood cells and their use in active immunotherapy of prostate cancer.
- Prospective evaluation of 18F-NaF and 18F-FDG PET/CT in detection of occult metastatic disease in biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer.
- Management and challenges of corticosteroid therapy in men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer.
- Small cell bladder cancer: biology and management.
- Penile cancer: current therapy and future directions.
- Speeding dating for docetaxel and recent debutantes in castration-resistant prostate cancer: 'plus or minus' may be a minus.
- Current role of neoadjuvant and adjuvant systemic therapy for high-risk localized prostate cancer.
- Baseline 18F-FDG PET/CT parameters as imaging biomarkers of overall survival in castrate-resistant metastatic prostate cancer.
- Tivozanib in the treatment of renal cell carcinoma.
- Weighing the evidence for immune therapy and targeted therapy in renal cancer and melanoma.
- Efficacy of oxaliplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy pretreated metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Immune response to sipuleucel-T in prostate cancer.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted therapy in squamous cell carcinoma of the penis: a report of 3 cases.
- Effect of gender on outcomes following radical cystectomy for urothelial carcinoma of the bladder: a critical analysis of 1,994 patients.
- Durable complete remission from castration-resistant prostate cancer with sipuleucel-T after estrogen withdrawal.
- Concurrent chemoradiotherapy for men with locally advanced penile squamous cell carcinoma.
- Prolonged fasting reduces IGF-1/PKA to promote hematopoietic-stem-cell-based regeneration and reverse immunosuppression.
- A Phase II trial of a combination herbal supplement for men with biochemically recurrent prostate cancer.
- Phase I, dose-escalation study of the targeted cytotoxic LHRH analog AEZS-108 in patients with castration- and taxane-resistant prostate cancer.
- Current and recent clinical trials for perioperative systemic therapy for muscle invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review.
- Relapsed and refractory germ cell tumors: Finessing the rough end of a beautiful
- A Periodic Diet that Mimics Fasting Promotes Multi-System Regeneration, Enhanced
- Prostatectomy at high-volume centers improves outcomes and lowers the costs of care for prostate cancer.
- Patient experience in the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: state of the science.
- Safety and feasibility of fasting in combination with platinum-based chemotherapy.
- A review of clinical effects associated with metabolic syndrome and exercise in prostate cancer patients.
- Clinical use of cabozantinib in the treatment of advanced kidney cancer: efficacy, safety, and patient selection.
- A Phase II Trial of AEZS-108 in Castration- and Taxane-Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- A pilot randomised controlled trial of a periodised resistance training and protein supplementation intervention in prostate cancer survivors on androgen deprivation therapy.
- Immunotherapy in urothelial cancer, part 1: T-cell checkpoint inhibition in advanced or metastatic disease.
- Immunotherapy in urothelial cancer, part 2: adjuvant, neoadjuvant, and adjunctive treatment.
- Chemotherapy for oligometastatic prostate cancer.
- Immunomodulation by Entinostat in Renal Cell Carcinoma Patients Receiving High-Dose Interleukin 2: A Multicenter, Single-Arm, Phase I/II Trial (NCI-CTEP#7870).
- Baseline Glomerular Filtration Rate and Cisplatin- Induced Renal Toxicity in Urothelial Cancer Patients.
- 2010 AUA Western Section Best Poster - 3rd place
- 2005 Fellowship Teaching Award
- 2000 AOA - Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honors Society
- 1992 National Merit Scholar
- Prostate Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Testicular Cancer And More
- Prostate Cancer
- Chronic Pain
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Vascular Disease
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member Southwest Oncology Group
- Member American Society of Hematology
- Member International Society for Biologic Therapy
- Member American College of Physicians
- Member Medical Oncology Association of Southern California
- Univ Of S Ca/Lac & Usc, Medical Oncology
- Mount Sinai Hospital Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine 2000
- USC/LAC-Keck School of Medicine
- LAC+USC Medical Center Chief Fellow - Medical Oncology 2005
- LAC+USC Medical Center - Hematology & Medical Oncology 2003
Mrs. Tanya B Dorff M.D.'s Practice location
Santa Monica, CA 90404Get Direction
Los Angeles, CA 90089Get Direction
DUARTE, CA 91010Get Direction
Mrs. Tanya B Dorff M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Lesley Murphy Shares Picture After Double Mastectomy
At the age of 29, Lesley Murphy was making a living by traveling around the world and sharing her experiences on her blog called ‘The Road Les Traveled’. However, her travels were put to a halt when the travel blogger and Bachelor Alum tested positive for a gene that linked her with a high risk...
- Organizations That Participate in Ovarian Cancer Research
Ovarian cancer is one of the deadliest cancers affecting women today. Out of all cancers of the reproductive system, it’s the one most likely to end in fatality. About 1 out of 75 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer during her lifetime, and 1 out of 100 will die from the disease. With just...
- Ovarian Cancer: The Cliché About Cancer That’s True
Last June, 24-year-old Dani Strumeier, a tax accountant at PwC, began to experience pain in her lower abdomen, but she brushed off going to the hospital because she knew that there would be needles there. She could not have blood drawn from her body without throwing up or passing out. Fortunately, a...
- What Can I Wear After Breast Cancer Surgery?
A breast cancer diagnosis is shocking and devastating, but what follows can take on a physical and emotional toll on the body. 26-year-old Megan Sullivan has been a witness to this struggle up close and personal. When she was just 9 years old, her mother was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer at...
- Can Bisphosphonates Stop Breast Cancer from Spreading to Bones?
Two years ago, at the age of 44, Susan Leonard was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer – a disease that affects over 260,000 American women on an annual basis. In order to keep her cancer from recurring, she had to undergo countless treatments, including chemotherapy, hormone therapy, a double...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- Dr. Edwin Melencio Posadas MD8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048
- Boris Bagdasarian1505 Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206
- Gayle Roberts15352 Hawthorne Blvd. Lawndale California 90260
- Dr. Jacek Pinski M.D.1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles CA 90033
- Dr. Jerry Kiyoharu Wada M.D.1505 Wilson Ter Glendale CA 91206
- Dr. Sikander Ailawadhi MD1441 Eastlake Ave Los Angeles CA 90089