Mrs. Melissa Johnson Antonik M.D.
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism3020 Hamaker Ct Suite 502 Fairfax VA, 22031
Dr. Melissa Antonik practices Endocrinology in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Antonik specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Antonik examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Mrs. Melissa Johnson Antonik M.D.'s Practice location
Fairfax, VA 22031Get Direction
Mrs. Melissa Johnson Antonik M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Antonik
- Dietary Supplements for Diabetes
What is diabetes?Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, which involves a problem with the hormone called insulin. The pancreas, which is situated behind the stomach, releases insulin to help the body store and then later use sugar and fat from the food we eat. The occurrence of diabetes happens when...
- Gastric Bypasses in Diabetic Patients May Reduce Long-Term Mortality Rates
For a long time, diabetes has been one of the most dangerous diseases when left untreated. This condition alters the way in which the body produces and reacts to insulin, the hormone which helps regulate blood sugar levels and plays a vital role in the person’s metabolism. Type 2 diabetes, the...
- It’s Never Too Late: Woman Lost 250 Pounds After Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
Clocking at over 405 pounds, Elle Goodall needed to change her habits. After being diagnosed with diabetes mellitus at age 26, doctors warned her that she would not live past her 40s due to obesity. Instead of slumping into depression, she decided to make herself feel better.Changing Her Diet Plan...
- Hormones for Diabetes
DiabetesDiabetes is a medical condition wherein the blood sugar level becomes high. With type 1 diabetes, the body is unable to make insulin, while in type 2 diabetes, the body is unable to make or properly use insulin. Too much glucose in the blood can cause complications such as damage to the...
- Increased Risk of Breast Cancer with African American Diabetic Patients
According to the data analysis results of the study conducted by Boston University and headed by Dr. Julie R. Palmer, African-American women with type 2 diabetes were confirmed to have about a 43% higher risk of having estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer as compared to women without...
- When Could Polydipsia Be a Sign of Something Serious?
Extreme thirst is medically referred to as polydipsia, which is believed to be the first signs of diabetes. Polydipsia can also be accompanied by dry mouth, which could be constantly or temporarily experienced.In order for the body to function properly, it is important to drink an adequate amount of...
- Dr. Daniel A Gozzi MD5801 Allentown Rd Suitland MD 20746
- Dr. Christina Grace Go M.D.1625 N George Mason Dr Arlington VA 22205
- Dr. Maria Mercedes Garcia MD4660 Kenmore Ave Alexandria VA 22304
- Dr. Roy William Langley M.D.3201 Jermantown Rd Fairfax VA 22030
- Dr. Hazel E Bowen-wright MD2002 Medical Pkwy Annapolis MD 21401
- Dr. Ali M Safa MD301 Maple Ave W Vienna VA 22180