Dr. Shabana Zahir D.M.D
Dentist | General Practice367 Independence Blvd Virginia Beach VA, 23462
Dr. Shabana Zahir is a Dentist practicing in Virginia Beach, VA. Dr. Zahir specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
Boston University DMD 2008
Dr. Shabana Zahir D.M.D's Expert Contributions
Most chipped teeth can be repaired either by reattaching the broken piece of tooth enamel or by bonding a tooth-colored filling or crown in place. See your dentist as soon as possible after the injury to treat your chipped tooth and keep it from worsening. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Virginia Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Tidewater Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Dr. Shabana Zahir D.M.D's Practice location
Dr. Shabana Zahir D.M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zahir
- Magnolia Bark Extract Prevents Bad Breath
According to the results of a study published in, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that may prevent bad breath or halitosis. These compounds, called magnolol and honokiol, kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.In this study, nine...
- Gum Disease May Appear in Young Adults
According to a study conducted by the researchers from dentistry school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, gum disease may start earlier than expected. Young adults should take better care of their oral health, as it may lead to many health problems. The study shows that gum disease...
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Bridges
We often do not realize this, but our bodies are perfectly designed machines. Our jaws, for example, and the alignment of our teeth are designed perfectly for biting and chewing. Any change in the natural order could result in unfavorable consequences. Losing teeth is one such change that has less...
- Snoring Problem? This Dentist May Have the Solution
Dentists can actually be extremely useful to determine why patients are snoring. Many would normally ignore snoring, as it has often been pushed aside as a "joke". But, in reality, it should be a cause of concern.A worrying fact about snoring is that people take it as something normal until it is...
- The 3 Biggest Threats to Your Teeth
Teeth can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. However, different factors can influence the appearance and quality of your teeth over time. Chips, fractures, and broken teethChipping and fracturing teeth occurs when one bites on something very hard, like a popcorn kernel or stale bread....
- Marybeth Fasano DMD984 First Colonial Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Zaneta Hamlin4440 Shore Drive Virginia Beach VA 23455
- Dr. Zeyad Mady D.D.S.2100 Lynnhaven Pkwy Virginia Beach VA 23456
- Dr. Ruth E Abraham DDS404 Parliament Dr Virginia Beach VA 23464
- Dr. Ryan R Boylan D.D.S.528 Albemarle Dr Chesapeake VA 23322
- Dr. Sanae Bouallali Berrada D.D.S.2100 Lynnhaven Pkwy Virginia Beach VA 23456