Dr. William Shieh is a family practitioner practicing in East Hartford, CT. Dr. Shieh specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Shieh possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1994
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Middlesex Hosp, Family Medicine
- Middlesex Hospital Family Practice 1994
- Middlesex Hospital, Middletown 1997
Dr. William S Shieh MD's Practice location
East Hartford, CT 06108Get Direction
SOUTH WINDSOR, CT 06074Get Direction
Dr. William S Shieh MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shieh
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- Pins and Needles: Types, Causes, and Treatment
Feeling your hands and feet going numb is a very normal condition that most of us experience at some point or the other. It is a feeling when one cannot feel any sensation in the affected parts of the body. In most cases, numbness or the feeling called ‘pins and needles’ occurs due to a...
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
IntroductionThe vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable...
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- Dr. Allyson C. Bagenholm M.D.20665 Lyons Road Boca Raton FL 33434
- Dr. Thomas A Moorcroft D.O.279 New Britain Rd, #6 Berlin CT 06037
- Dr. Lakshmi Babu M.D.4 Farm Springs Rd Farmington CT 06032
- Dr. Stephen N Grimaldi DO622 Hebron Ave Glastonbury CT 06033
- Dr. Cristina Ortega-nieto MD1022 Storrs Rd Storrs Mansfield CT 06268
- Dr. Pamela A. Moore M.D.6 Ledgebrook Dr Mansfield Center CT 06250