Dr. Gianfranco Meduri practices Pulmonology in Memphis, TN. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Meduri manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of Padova / Faculty of Medicine And Surgery 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Levels of evidence for the pharmacological effectiveness of prolonged methylprednisolone treatment in unresolving acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Levels of evidence for the pharmacologic effectiveness of prolonged methylprednisolone treatment in unresolving ARDS.
- Cytokines IL-1beta, IL-6, and TNF-alpha enhance in vitro growth of bacteria.
- Noninvasive ventilation for treatment of acute respiratory failure in patients undergoing solid organ transplantation: a randomized trial.
- New rationale for glucocorticoid treatment in septic shock.
- Enhanced extracellular growth of Staphylococcus aureus in the presence of selected linear peptide fragments of human interleukin (IL)-1beta and IL-1 receptor antagonist.
- Time-variant increase in methylprednisolone clearance in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome: a population pharmacokinetic study.
- Predictors of failure of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation in patients with acute hypoxemic respiratory failure: a multi-center study.
- Clinical review: a paradigm shift: the bidirectional effect of inflammation on bacterial growth. Clinical implications for patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Noninvasive positive-pressure ventilation vs. conventional oxygen supplementation in hypoxemic patients undergoing diagnostic bronchoscopy.
- Noninvasive ventilation for treating acute respiratory failure in AIDS patients with Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.
- Noninvasive vs. conventional mechanical ventilation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease after failure of medical treatment in the ward: a randomized trial.
- Glucocorticoids and inflammation revisited: the state of the art. NIH clinical staff conference.
- International Consensus Conference: clinical investigation of ventilator-associated pneumonia. Introduction.
- The standardization of bronchoscopic techniques for ventilator-associated pneumonia.
- Kettering Med Ctr
Dr. Gianfranco Umberto Meduri MD's Practice location
Memphis, TN 38132Get Direction
Dr. Gianfranco Umberto Meduri MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Atelectasis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Atelectasis is not a household name and many people would probably freak out and be confused if they are told that they have it. You are probably wondering what it means and what its causes are.To define atelectasis, we can say that it is a medical condition where a portion or all of your lungs...
- Real Benefits of Salt Therapy for Cystic Fibrosis
Thanks to ongoing research into cystic fibrosis, physicians are now able to offer more treatment options than ever before. Many treatment options include medications and sometimes can be as intense as undergoing a lung transplant, but other methods are more conservative. Physicians have long sought...
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- 5 Tips on Living with Pleurisy
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy, also called as pleuritis, is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. These double-membraned pleura are important because they protect and lubricate your lungs as you breathe in and out. The small amount of fluid in the pleural cavity helps the two...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- What Causes Asthma?
Asthma refers to the chronic inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. The causes for asthma differ depending on the individual. During an asthma attack, the airways become narrow, inflamed, and begin to fill with mucus. This makes breathing a difficult task, and leads to coughing and...
- Dr. Javier Barreda garcia M.D.114 Sawyer Cir Memphis TN 38103
- Dr. Richard L Boswell M.D.5050 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38157
- Dr. Louis V Eberle M.D.6263 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38119
- Dr. Joseph A Blythe MD3557 S Galloway Dr Memphis TN 38111
- Dr. Charles Eric Schroeder M.D.6025 Walnut Grove Rd Memphis TN 38120
- Dr. Jose C Yataco MD1910 Nonconnah Blvd Memphis TN 38132