Dr. Peter Kosek practices Pain Medicine in Eugene, OR. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Kosek serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1988
University of California 1988
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Phase II, open-label, multicenter study of combined intrathecal morphine and ziconotide: addition of ziconotide in patients receiving intrathecal morphine for severe chronic pain.
- Plasma Tryptophan and the Kynurenine-Tryptophan Ratio are Associated with the Acquisition of Statural Growth Deficits and Oral Vaccine Underperformance in Populations with Environmental Enteropathy.
- The effect of cimetidine and ranitidine on the duration of action of succinylcholine.
- Chronic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neck Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Pacific Presby Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Stanford University Medical Center 1989
- Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center
- California Pacific Medical Center Program
Dr. Peter S Kosek MD's Practice location
Dr. Peter S Kosek MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- A333 Pill
A333 PillIt is a white and capsule-shaped pill. It has been identified as acetaminophen/oxycodone 325mg/10 mg. It is used for the treatment of chronic pain. This drug is supplied by Actavis Elizabeth.It is a member of the drug class narcotic analgesic combination. During pregnancy, its risk cannot...
- Nerve Pain Medications for Fibromyalgia
Living a quality life is tough if you are dealing with chronic pain that is caused by fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by predominant pain in the bones, muscles, and soft tissue. It is also associated with sleep issues, mood swings, and overwhelming...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- Aleve vs. Ibuprofen
OverviewAleve and ibuprofen are both nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that have similar effects, but with important differences as well. Ibuprofen is an NSAID that is available under many brand names. The most common brands of ibuprofen are Advil and Motrin. Aleve, on the other hand,...
- Dr. Donna M Morgan MD360 S Garden Way Eugene OR 97401
- Dr. Brian Starr M.D.360 S Garden Way Eugene OR 97401
- Dr. Gregory Anthony Moore M.D.74b Centennial Loop Eugene OR 97401
- Dr. Michael E Karasek M.D.689 E 19th Ave Eugene OR 97401
- Dr. James Robert Morris MD2401 River Rd Eugene OR 97404
- Dr. Anita Joan Dekker MD, MPH3469 Hilyard St Eugene OR 97405