Dr. Alexandra Valsamakis is a pathologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Valsamakis is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Valsamakis can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Valsamakis may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1992
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania 1993
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Alexandra Valsamakis M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Alexandra Valsamakis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Gruschenka N. Mojica Baltimore Maryland 21224
- Dr. Rania Hassan Younis BDS,MDS,PHD650 W Baltimore St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Christian H Hansen M.D.3455 Wilkens Ave Baltimore MD 21229
- Dr. Jean M Colandrea M.D.3455 Wilkens Ave Baltimore MD 21229
- Dr. Andrea Proctor Subhawong MDJohns Hopkins Medical Institutions Dept Of Patholo Baltimore MD 21287
- Mrs. Zahra Maleki MD4940 Eastern Ave Baltimore MD 21224