Dr. Peggy Abrams is a physiatrist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Abrams is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Abrams focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Abrams can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1982
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
Dr. Peggy Lynn Abrams M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19102Get Direction
Dr. Peggy Lynn Abrams M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- Reduce the Risk of Osteoporosis
Diets for OsteoporosisThe type of food you eat has a significant impact on your bones. Being informed of the foods that are highly enriched in calcium and vitamin D will always help you in making healthy food choices.If you take a well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fish,...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Pain Between the Shoulder Blades
IntroductionPain between the shoulder blades is also known as interscapular pain. It is a symptom that is often caused by minor issues, such as a muscle strain. However, being aware of such symptom is also very important since it may also be a sign of more serious conditions, such as lung cancer...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Shawn M. Peterson D.O.25 S 9th St Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Dr. Maryum Rafique DO3401 N. Broad St. Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Mitchell Kirk Freedman D.O.925 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Douglas James Brunner MD175 E Chester Pike Ridley Park PA 19078
- Dr. Deborah J. Franklin MD25 S 9th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Kathryn Theresa Gollotto DO737 Main St Lumberton NJ 08048