Dr. Teresa Batteiger is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Batteiger specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Dr. Teresa A Batteiger MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
Dr. Teresa A Batteiger MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is the Difference Between AIDS and HIV?
The main difference between AIDS and HIV is that HIV is a virus whereas AIDS is a condition that is caused by HIV. People often confuse HIV and AIDS. Different diagnoses are used to identify both HIV and AIDS. However, they are said to go hand-in-hand and are very often used interchangeably to...
- Is There a Window Period to Test for HIV?
HIV is a virus that attacks and slowly destroys the immune system of the body. Once the virus gets into the body, it gets incorporated in the bloodstream and destroys white blood cells in the immune system. The immune system is a natural system that protects the body from infections. HIV is found in...
- What Specialists Treat AIDS
Living with HIV/AIDS requires regular doctor visits and routine checkups. So it is best to make sure that you keep up with the many appointments that come up. These can be with dentists, nurses, case managers, counselors, psychiatrists, and other medical needs. It is best to check with your health...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- What Doctors Treat Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that transmitted to human beings through ticks. Usually, getting this disease means that you will be sick for a very long time. Some people spend their entire lives living with the disease. The good news is that you can treat the disease within two years.Lyme...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- Dr. John R. Black M.D.1633 North Capitol Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202
- Dr. Christopher P Bunce MD11455 N Meridian St Carmel IN 46032
- Dr. David T Cox MD701 E County Line Rd Greenwood IN 46143
- Dr. Adrian F Gardner MD1125 N Main St Providence RI 02904
- Dr. Amy B Kressel M.D.550 University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Mitchell Don Krathwohl MD8240 Naab Road Indianapolis IN 46260