Dr. Edward Elliot Telzak MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1650 Selwyn Ave 10th Floor Bronx NY, 10457
Dr. Edward Telzak is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Bronx, NY. Dr. Telzak specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Prevalence of and risk factors for tuberculin positivity and skin test anergy in HIV-1-infected and uninfected at-risk women. Women's Interagency HIV Study (WIHS).
- Penicillin resistance and other predictors of mortality in pneumococcal bacteremia in a population with high human immunodeficiency virus seroprevalence.
- The effects of increasing incentives on adherence to tuberculosis directly observed therapy.
- Recurrent pneumococcal bacteremia: risk factors and outcomes.
- Aspergillus species colonization and invasive disease in patients with AIDS.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia among patients without AIDS at a cancer hospital.
- The Incidence of HIV drug resistance and its impact on progression of HIV disease among antiretroviral-naïve participants started on three different antiretroviral therapy strategies.
- Differential adherence to combination antiretroviral therapy is associated with virological failure with resistance.
- A randomized comparison of two instruments for measuring self-reported antiretroviral adherence.
- Syphilis treatment response in HIV-infected individuals.
- Heterosexual transmission of HIV-1 associated with the use of smokable freebase cocaine (crack).
- Extrapulmonary Pneumocystis carinii infections.
- Factors associated with adherence amongst 5295 people receiving antiretroviral therapy as part of an international trial.
- A simple self-reported adherence tool as a predictor of viral rebound in people with viral suppression on antiretroviral therapy.
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Infectious Diseases; New England Med Ctr Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Edward Elliot Telzak MD's Practice location
Bronx, NY 10457Get Direction
Dr. Edward Elliot Telzak MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Telzak
- What Are Cold Sores?
Cold sores are small, painful blisters that form on the lips or skin around the nose, mouth, or chin. Also called as herpes labialis and fever blisters, cold sores are caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. It usually begins in childhood or young adulthood and continues to persist...
- The Symptoms and Treatment of Toxoplasmosis
What is toxoplasmosis?Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic infection caused by a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii, which is found in humans and some types of animals. Although this parasite can infect all warm-blooded animals, it tends to only reproduce in the gut of felids, such as domestic cats and...
- Chronic Lyme Disease
Chronic Lyme disease is also known as persistent Lyme disease. It occurs in a patient who has been treated with antibiotics but continues to show signs and symptoms of the disease. This disease is also known as post-treatment Lyme disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and...
- What Is MRSA Infection?
What is MRSA Infection ?MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infection is a bacterial infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus that has become resistant to many of the antibiotics commonly used for the treatment of a staphylococcus infection (and is consequently called "the...
- How to Overcome Lyme Disease with Diet, Supplements, and Natural Treatment Methods
Can you beat Lyme disease naturally? Do diet and supplements have roles to play in Lyme disease? Yes, you can beat Lyme disease naturally with diet and supplements.Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is caused by the bite of a deer tick. Living with Lyme disease can be overwhelming,...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Dr. Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser M.D.90 Bergen St Newark NJ 07103
- Dr. Irene H. Grant M.D.167 Benedict Avenue Tarrytown New York 10591
- Dr. Paul T. Smith M.D.943 Lexington Avenue New York New York 10021
- Dr. Donald J. Beggs MD30 Wilmington Drive Nutley New Jersey 7110
- Dr. Bruce E. Hirsch MD300 Community Dr Manhasset NY 11030
- Dr. Pan S. Ko M.D.400 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs New Jersey 07632